Book Title: It Came from Beyond Zen!: More Practical Advice from Dogen, Japan's Greatest Zen Master (Treasury of the True Dharma Eye)
Publisher: Brad Warner
Author: Brad Warner
- Sex, Sin, and Zen: A Buddhist Exploration of Sex from Celibacy to Polyamory and Everything in Between
- Don't Be a Jerk: And Other Practical Advice from Dogen, Japan's Greatest Zen Master
- There Is No God and He Is Always with You: A Search for God in Odd Places
- Sit Down and Shut Up: Punk Rock Commentaries on Buddha, God, Truth, Sex, Death, and Dogen's Treasury of the Right Dharma Eye
- Hardcore Zen: Punk Rock, Monster Movies and the Truth about Reality
- The Three Pillars of Zen: Teaching, Practice, and Enlightenment
- The Essential Dogen: Writings of the Great Zen Master
- Just So: An Odyssey into the Cosmic Web of Connection, Play, and True Pleasure
- Meditation for Fidgety Skeptics: A 10% Happier How-to Book
- Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind: Informal Talks on Zen Meditation and Practice
Volume two of Brad Warner's radical but reverent paraphrasing of Dogen's Treasury of the True Dharma Eye
In Japan in 1253, one of the great thinkers of his time died - and the world barely noticed. That man was the Zen monk Eihei Dogen. For centuries his main work, Shobogenzo, languished in obscurity, locked away in remote monasteries until scholars rediscovered it in the 20th century. What took so long? In Brad Warner's view, Dogen was too ahead of his time to find an appreciative audience.
To bring Dogen's work to a bigger audience, Warner began paraphrasing Shobogenzo, recasting it in simple, everyday language. The first part of this project resulted in Don't Be a Jerk, and now Warner presents this second volume, It Came from Beyond Zen! Once again, Warner uses wry humor and incisive commentary to bridge the gap between past and present, making Dogen's words clearer and more relevant than ever before.