Book Title: The Invent To Learn Guide to 3D Printing in the Classroom: Recipes for Success
Publisher: Constructing Modern Knowledge Press
Author: David Thornburg Ph.D.
- The Big Book of Makerspace Projects: Inspiring Makers to Experiment, Create, and Learn
- Invent To Learn: Making, Tinkering, and Engineering in the Classroom
- Worlds of Making: Best Practices for Establishing a Makerspace for Your School (Corwin Connected Educators Series)
- The Invent To Learn Guide To Fun
- 3D Modeling and Printing with Tinkercad: Create and Print Your Own 3D Models
- 3D Printing with Autodesk 123D, Tinkercad, and MakerBot
- Making Simple Robots: Exploring Cutting-Edge Robotics with Everyday Stuff
- 3D Printing Projects: Toys, Bots, Tools, and Vehicles To Print Yourself
- Getting Started with 3D Printing: A Hands-on Guide to the Hardware, Software, and Services Behind the New Manufacturing Revolution
- The Art of Tinkering
This book is an essential guide for educators interested in bringing the amazing world of 3D printing to their classrooms. Learn about the technology, exciting powerful new design software, and even advice for purchasing your first 3D printer. The real power of the book comes from a variety of teacher-tested step-by-step classroom projects. Eighteen fun and challenging projects explore science, technology, engineering, and mathematics, along with forays into the visual arts and design. The Invent To Learn Guide to 3D Printing in the Classroom is written in an engaging style by authors with decades of educational technology experience.
The projects in this book are connected to both the Next Generation Sciences Standards and Common Core State Standards in Mathematics, making it of even greater value to educators.